B6.1 – The V1 NPP Conceptual Decommissioning Plan
Scope of the project:
The development of Conceptual decommissioning plan (CDP) was oriented to achieve the basic necessary V1 NPP decommissioning documentation, as required by the Slovak legislation and to facilitate its elaboration through:
– The selection of the most suitable strategy for the V1 NPP decommissioning process:
– Immediate dismantling – IDO
– Safe enclosure under surveillance – SES
– Reactor safe enclosure – RSE
– Zero option (if the decommissioning ‘intention’ will be not be performed) – ZO
– Giving the base for more detail decommissioning plan of the 1st stage elaboration with the Scope to obtain authorization for decommissioning.
Role of company in the project:
– Development of the Conceptual decommissioning plan,
– Description of the initial status before starting the decommissioning process,
– Preliminary inventories and definition of the decommissioning operations,
– Definition of the preparatory activities for the decommissioning process,
– Assessment of three alternatives of decommissioning describing each particular stage (legislative, technical, financial, staffing and time provisions, control of the radiological situation, etc.),
– Comprehensive comparison of analysed alternatives.
Document was used a base for obtaining decommissioning license for NPP V1 1st decommissioning Stage.
for NPP V1 1st decommissioning Stage.